Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An almost perfect day!

Murpy's Law states: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong!

We quote this often in our house and since that is our last name it is funny to say. Anytime something happens, we just say "Murphy's Law"!

For those of you who have been following my blog, I am still quite new at the journaling or sharing part of this blog thing. I have never been very good with words or with writing or sharing my personal thoughts. And then I married a Speech/English teacher so I am trying to do better. I really enjoy reading the posts of my friends though, so I thought I would try it out. I usually just share the kids pictures and that is still what I will be doing mostly. Some of you have commented on how much you enjoy the comments I do! So, here's a story I'm sure you will enjoy. Especially the mommys with preschoolers.

Some of you may know that Lily and I were in a five car pile up just before Christmas. They are just now getting to fix my car so we have a rental. Buddy and I have been wanting to try out a larger SUV then what we have so we rented an Expedition. (I am loving the huge SUV thing by the way) I have been really nervous with the thing and very careful with the kids getting it messy or touching anything. Did I mention it is brand new yet? Anyway, tonight as I was coming home from the St. James kindergarten open house Sean starts laughing and yelling to me that Lily needs a spank because she colored all over the new car. I'm praying it is a dream while I stop the car and jump out to look. It was most certainly not a dream as I gazed down at bright red and orange crayon scribbles on the windows, middle seats, backs of driver and passenger seats and the side doors of the entire back(actually the middle row seats) which is leather by the way. Lily was still strapped in her car seat and this car is gigantic which leaves me wondering how on earth crayon got on the entire other side of the car. Ah hah! Little mister tattle tale was guilty too. Thank goodness I was able to get some of it out and now we have to wait until daylight comes and hope the crayons were the washable kind and that the rest comes out.
Murphy's Law -
If you wreck your car, your kids will color in the fancy new rental car that you did not purchase the extra insurance on to cover little things such as this.
I love my kids!
That is my almost perfect day story! I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments: