Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of school for Sean & Lily

Today was not nearly as bad as I expected.

We woke up early and took some video of the kids still sleeping and again as they ate and got dressed up in their uniforms. They were both very excited. I was spazzing out about paperwork, folders, juice money, extended day blah, blah, blah..........

When it was time to go I took pictures of them all dressed and with backpacks. We got to school early and walked them both into the building and waited in the "pod" until the bell rang.
With Lily (as per teacher's instructions) we kissed her in the palm of her hand and said goodbye. I think they were going to read a special book later called the Kissing Hand. She asked her teacher right away where the costumes were. Ha! That's our Lily.

Sean tried to play it cool but whispered to Buddy that he was a little nervous. We said goodbye and walked out.
I started spazzing out again about turning all the forms in paying juice money for the year so we walked to the office to get everything taken care of.
Buddy and I needed to unwind and relax after such stress so we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast :) That was good!!!!!

We come home for a bit and I went into Sean's room and spotted his beloved pillow. I got very emotional and took a picture of it laying there all alone without him holding it and started trying to write a poem about it. I know, I am cheesy but I just get that way.

Anyway, we picked them up at 10:30 today since it was the first day. They were so pumped and happy. We saw some Montessori friends and a few church friends.

We are looking forward to tomorrow. Pictures soon.....

No comments: