Saturday, October 04, 2008

Blog Par-tay!

Thanks to Kristi, a great new blogger pal, I went to my very first blog event today. Some of us local bloggers got together and met for lunch at Eastside Grille. She arranged this event along with another blogger (I think) and I am so glad I went.

Actually, Leigh is the reason I went but Kristi was the one who came up with the great idea of meeting. I had pretty much decided not to go. (anxiety) I was only going to know one other person there and was feeling a little insecure. Soooooo, I did not even get ready to go. In fact, I had just gotten back from Sean's soccer game and about 5 minutes till time to be there I thought I may actually regret not going. (I really just did not want Leigh to be mad at me) :)

I met some cool new friends and can't wait to get together again. My only regret was not bringing Lily to play with those sweet little girls. She would have had a blast.

Click the link below to see some pictures and more details. I forgot to bring my camera.

http://mrsaudvm.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-par-tay.html

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you came, too. I knew you looked a bit apprehensive at first, but we all just meshed together so nicely! You family is precious, BTW... (and it was Nancy's idea and I flew with it...)

Unknown said...

Me too, me too. I am glad you came too. It was great fun! I do wish Lily had been there!!

Melissa Lester said...

It was a wonderful day, wasn't it? I'm so glad you decided to come after all. I think Kristi started something fun with the lunch today; I hope we'll make it a tradition.

You are correct; Stan Foster took most of those photos in our stairway. We lived in Kentucky when we had our first child, but he photographed the other three who were born in Alabama. I had framed a few of his photographs, but for the longest I kept most of the portraits in the black boxes he gave them to us in. I decided they were too special to keep tucked away, and we all love the impact of seeing all those photos together.

It was great to meet you today!

Nancy Hood said...

I am sooo glad you sat next to me!! and had no idea you were nervous. It didn't show :) Look forward to reading through your posts and getting to know you better AND spending some more time around a food table with everyone!!