Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Perfect Evening

We needed to regroup after our crazy week so we decided to get out and do something fun. We thought about taking Lily to ASF to see "Coppellia" since her teacher would be dancing. I was a little nervous about taking her to the ballet since it was at ASF. It just seemed a little more formal being there and I did not want her to be disruptive. Sean has been to several plays and always behaves himself if he is with us alone. I also remembered Lily getting really restless during Nutcracker. Nevertheless, we decided to go. We got a great deal on the tickets with Lily being a student at Montgomery Ballet.

We thought it would be fun if Heather (my sister) and her daughter Sophie Grace came along. Sophie Grace loves ballet and has been taking lessons for about 3 years now.

We went to Olive Garden for dinner, a "fancy restaurant" as Lily calls it. During dinner she announced that this was the best night of her life. We had not even gone to the ballet yet. She is such an optimist:)

Coppellia was very good and the girls were on the edge of their seats for the first two acts. Sean on the other hand fell asleep on daddy's lap halfway through the first act. Lily fell asleep during the third and final act but Sophie was wide eyed the entire night. She sat on my lap and giggled in glee as the dancers leaped and danced across the stage in the finale.

A perfect ending to a not so perfect week:)

Lily gets ready to see the ballet & her teacher

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww. She looks adorable! I am so glad yall had a good time and Buddy didn't hold a grudge. Yes, Rachell hijacked my blog and posted all the pics we took after she doctored them up on Picasa. Kayla is out of town this weekend.

Nancy Hood said...

I'm lovin' that pose!!

Kristi said...

How sweet and grown up, too!

Kristi said...

I saw on Leigh's blog that your Mom is sick... I hope you are getting some good news! Praying for her!

Unknown said...

The tutus are $25 for single color and $30 for two colors. Let me know Lily's waist size and the approximate length you want the tutu.

Melissa Lester said...

That does sound like a perfect evening! For little girls and big girls too! How is it taking ballet there? Mary Ashley takes ballet in Wetumpka, once a week for 45 minutes at $35 a month. She has learned a lot, but the atmosphere is laid back. Plus, the class is minutes from our house. I have assumed the classes are more intense with the Montgomery Ballet, but have always wondered how they would compare. I'm so glad to have girls so I can experience ballet!

I also read that your mom has been sick. I hope she is feeling better.

Kristi said...

You are funny... I still think I will write a letter to the manager. I haven't heard from Nancy except that Haley said that she did well, that her husband Eric was at the hospital during the surgery.

Well, I am an Auburn Tiger - and my mother's family isn't... :( It is a great joke between my Grandfather and myself. He "temporarily" disowned me when we lived in Auburn going to vet school...