Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this........

Yesterday was a stressful and very busy day. It was one of those days when nothing seems to go right. At one point I actually sat in my car, put my head in my hands and cried. It was just that kind of day. I was down. I pulled myself together though cause I really wanted everything to go smoothly and for me to be mentally prepared for the first night of stepping up. The kids were also starting the new fall series with Children's Worship Arts so we all needed to be on time. Well, I did not manage my time just right because we needed to all be there at 6:00 and at 5:00 I was just getting home from a very busy afternoon with the kids and a car full of groceries. We all needed to be fed and changed (slightly cleaned up) and out the door in an hour. Usually that can be done. But, by the time I unloaded the groceries and put them all away, started dinner, ate, changed the kids and loaded up I realized it was 2 minutes until 6:00. I made it to church in exactly 8 minutes and ran the kids to the appropriate classes (one upstairs in one section of the church, and one downstairs in another section) whew! I was now over 20 minutes late for my Bible study which was upstairs on the other end of the church. By the way, Frazer is huge!!!! Look it up (Frazer UMC) Needless to say, the study was great. I love Beth Moore. I got in the door just as they were finishing up introducing themselves around the room. I got to take my turn and then we started so I did not miss anything. The first session was amazing and I am so glad I decided to do it. She actually talked about having "down" days and just crying for no reason at all. I totally related to everything she said. I had experienced it all that very day.

Her encouraging words and the scripture had me on a high most of today. That is until I spilled my Mac & cheese all over myself. If I were not a work I would have cried again.
I knew today would be busy. I had to work my regular hours then go to an interview for a possible job and come back and work till close. Then I was doing an in service which would last until 8pm. So, I brought some of my favorite stouffers mac & cheese and came dressed for the interview. By mid morning I had a stain on my dress and by lunch one of the kids spilled pineapple juice all over my skirt. I was cleaning the juice up when all of the mac & cheese got dumped on me, my shoes and all over the floor. (this is where I want to start sobbing) The interview went well (more later) The in service went a little late and I ended up getting home at 9pm. I had left the house at 7am and hated being away from my kids that long.
To top it all off, I had a pretty intense headache.

Oh well, there will be good days and bad days right?

No comments: