Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another milestone for our "Miracle Boy"!


Sean had his kindergarten graduation ceremony today.

As Buddy & I sat and watched him walk up to receive his diploma I could not help remembering the miracle of his being here with us to celebrate such a momentous little occasion.


Words echoed in my mind as he stood on the stage in front of me and time stood still for a brief moment. Words like: "no fetal pole", "odd gestational sac", "eight weeks and still no heartbeat" and "Mrs Murphy, with beta pregnancy numbers this high we both know the baby should have a heartbeat by now"! And the most painful words that will forever ring in my mind and remind me of the miracle of it all - "termination Heidi"! "There is just no heartbeat"!


I sat in stunned, but proud silence today as I watched my baby boy walk across the stage, remembering that I actually was on the hospital schedule to receive the ordered D & C to terminate the pregnancy of my precious child. But, how could anyone have known? Anyone but God that is. He knew the whole time.


I watched him with tears in my eyes as he shook the principals hand today and took his little diploma. Remembering all the prayers of faith, the canceled D & C and the second opinion. Remembering the Dr. telling me there was a heartbeat after all and me refusing to believe it. It was all a whirlwind of emotion today as our son achieved another milestone in his precious life. And, it always will be....

I never take for granted the miracle of my son, Sean!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Heidi, that brought tears to my eyes. He is indeed a little miracle boy!! God blessed you in a special way and has special plans for that little man!!

Kristi said...

I love it! God is patient and I'm so glad for your faith!

frogbelliesandblossoms said...

Okay, I'm crying here!!!! Are you supposed to cry when you read a blog?!?!

Heidi said...

yes Julia... If you read some of the blogs I do, crying is certainly part of it at times!

Buddy jokes on me and thinks I have a disorder about reading everyone's "sad" blog....

Jenny said...

How scary! I didn't realize y'all went through so much!!! Bless your hearts!

Kenisha Brown said...

Oh how i remember the heartbreaking news that there was no heartbeat, and then the "scared to believe its true" news that there was a heartbeat. And I remember my graduation day, walking across the stage receiving my diploma and rushing back to montgomery to the Hospital.