Friday, May 01, 2009

My sweet co-workers


I have been resting at home for the last few weeks after a little accident at work. Birthdays are always a big deal where I work. For the children, there is a special song we sing after the happy birthday song that says: "we're glad you were born". It is very sweet and never fails to bring tears to my eyes. In fact I still have Sean's "celebration of life" from his Montessori class on video. Anyway, we always get together for the teachers and try to do something special. A card goes around and each person signs it and we will be surprised in class with out favorite flowers and a gift card and usually a chocolate cake of some sort. AND of course the Birthday songs... I was feeling a little down that I would not be at work for my birthday so imagine my shock and surprise when several of my co-workers brightened my day by showing up on my front porch with "the works" from the school. My favorite Calla Lillies, a chocolate cake, a gift card from Kohls, the sweetest little card painted by my "kids" and one from my co-workers, personal gifts from some of them (thank you Carmen, Jen & Gert) and they stood in front of my house and very loudly sang the "happy birthday song" followed by "we're glad you were born"! How sweet is that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww. that was sweet!!! is today your birthday? Happy birthday!!!

EmmyJMommy said...

I love M.A.! We will miss it so much...we have been there since 2002!!! Hard to believe I won't be driving on that gravel 5 days a week after July!